[TR] Facet Pump

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sat Dec 27 09:41:05 MST 2008

On Saturday 27 December 2008 11:22:05 Alex wrote:
> Well its Sat morning and the Facet pump is being installed on my 59 TR3A.
> Needed to get the fittings and filter which I now have. In short order I
> will be wiring it up. Great instructions on wiring to the hot side of the
> coil or white wire. So what's the problem? The wire from the harness is
> white and the replacement TRF coil wire to the distributor is white. So
> which one is considered hot. From the harness it comes from the ignition
> switch which could be considered hot. Or from the coil to the distributor
> could be considered hot. Any help on this one would be appreciated.
> Alex Manzo
> 59 TR3A
Alex,

The white wire off the harness is ignition switch HOT.

On a + ground TR, that wire goes to the - terminal of the coil.

If you have a spade coil, you should have 2 male space terminals at the coil.

Connect  the - (black) wire from the facet pump to the terminal of the coil
where the white wire attaches coming off the harness. The wire that goes to
the distributor may also be white but will be attached to the + side of the
coil. Dont hook up the pump hot wire to this side. I put a fuse between the
lucar terminal to the coil and the pump just to be safe.

Also remember to connect the red facet wire to a good ground as the pump body
is not grounded. That allows the pump to be used on both - and + ground
systems.

I have the facet pump system working on both my 3 and 4 and will have the same
pump on my 6 when that car is finished in about 2 to 3 years time.

Bob