[TR] TR3 hard top FS

TeriAnn Wakeman twakeman at razzolink.com
Thu Dec 25 08:24:05 MST 2008

DLylis at aol.com wrote:
> Wow Terri.  Talk about a Bah Humbug!
I'm afraid that this year Christmas is just another item sorting box
packing day with a better than average meal.  Decorations didn't even
come out of the box.

>   I assume that you have done your homework and I agree with Phil.
> Having worked in development for many years, either a building permit
> or a certificate of occupancy would have had to be issued by the
> county, or governing body (city, state, etc. where you live).  Had the
> house been built before such zoning was enacted then it is grandfathered.
I've recently been told the Landlord has quietly (so as not to distress
the tenants) fought this for about 6 months.  The property is within the
Monterey bay costal zoning commission area and they are fairly strict.
They are requiring that the property be be made legal (single residence,
interiors gutted from buildings built with barn permits BEFORE they will
entertain any additional residence permits.  At this point the landlords
have rolled over.

> Fix your hardtop and use it!
I have two TR3 hard tops and hope to sell one.  So far no one is
interested in restoring the one I have for sale.  Maybe it is just so
much undesirable junk I've been holding on to thinking it was rare &
worth something.

Teriann