[TR] Auto Body

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Sun Dec 21 09:17:25 MST 2008

To all of you guys who are wondering how to get your Triumph painted..

I found a really good way to get my Triumph painted and learn at the same
time. I found that our local county technical trades school offers auto body
repair training. But, they not only offer a career course, they offer a
weekend class for people like me who has a auto restoration project that
needs auto body and paint.

In my case, you have access to all the normal auto body tools from hammer
and dolly, to D/A sanders, but also a paint booth! The best part is you
learn how to use all this stuff by a experienced teacher. All I have to
provide are materials such as fillers, sand paper, primer and paint. The
class fee in my case is very reasonable. In fact I just found out that since
I am a "senior" I can take the course for 50% off!

I have taken one semester so far and have my passenger side fender in
primer. Next semester I learn how to block sand, finish primer, and base
coat clear coat. Also next semester they are offering back to back Saturday
classes from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM so I should be able to get quite a bit done.

I would strongly recommend this to anyone who is facing body work and paint
and interested in learning how it is done correctly. I have learned quite a
bit in 7 short Saturdays and met a lot of other great car people in the
process.
I have a section on my website (Auto Body) that you can review if you are
interested.

Have a great Holiday everyone!

Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A