[TR] drill bits

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Fri Dec 19 11:12:21 MST 2008

In a message dated 12/19/2008 9:59:12 AM Central Standard Time,
opposumking at verizon.net writes:
> While I happen to use tapmatic natural fluid, that's only because I've
> still
> got a bottle laying around.  The claims of homebrewed fluids run the gamut
> of motor oil, atf, diesel fuel, wd-40, antifreeze, peanut butter, mayonaise,
>
> dish soap, etc.  Honestly, probably all of them work well enough to make a
> dramatic improvement over dry cutting.

Anything is better than nothing.  Even soapy water.  I use WD40 because it is
in a handy aerosol can but extra virgin olive oil smells better.  So does
peanut oil.  Tapmatic smells awful and the original formula can have a bad
reaction with aluminum so rinse off promptly after use.

I'll bet antifreeze works well, but I haven't tried it yet.

Dave