[TR] tr nos vs. repros.

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Wed Dec 17 14:37:28 MST 2008

In a message dated 12/17/2008 1:11:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tr3driver at ca.rr.com writes:

And 40-50 years of storage
is not going to improve the parts  any.

In some cases, there is a good reason the part was left on the  shelf.  I've
seen more than one that on close examination showed the  scars from having
been installed and promptly removed, apparently because a  defect was found.

This is a very good point that Randall has made here. I will give you an
example.  I recently purchased a NOS GT6+ Rev Counter for my 70  GT6+. $150 or so
on ebay. It was appealing because all the red  fluorescent markings were
bright and clear.  The counter being replaced was  very functional but lacking
that new and fresh look.  After some struggling  under the dash I finally
completed the switch.  OK, as I fired her up the  counter made one jump and settled
in at Zero.  OH!  Seems the NOS unit  was frozen and proceeded to break my
previously perfectly fine cable so  now I needed to replace that before putting
the original Rev Counter back  in, buyer must beware, old stuff goes bad on the
self.
Yikes,
Darrell

Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.