[TR] Test

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Tue Dec 16 07:43:20 MST 2008

[this is from Michael <tr3a at comcast.net>
Michael, you need to take care not to send things as attachments.  Attachments are stripped by the software at team.net.
============================
Interesting you should mention that. I got curious a few years ago and wondered how Krylon would look. Had a spare TR3 door and a can of Krylon that had to be 10 years old. Decided to try an experiment. I roughed up the existing paint on the door, wiped off the dust with a paper towel or something, and sprayed it BRG (more or less). sanded again and resprayed. Then, I wet sanded with some fine paper...1000, then 2000 grit maybe? Can't remember. Finally, I used some polish of some sort on it. Was rather amazed at how it turned out. Certainly not perfect, but much better than I expected. Maybe it really is like Fred keeps trying to convince me...there's nothing about a bad paint job that a little sandpaper won't fix! :)