[TR] "Best" Nut to use

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Sun Dec 14 14:34:23 MST 2008

Right now I have the differential and axles out of the car. In the past I've
always used Nyloc nuts (brand new ones, never re-use them) but am seeing
more references to better locking type nuts to use. I want them for: diff to
driveshaft, diff to axles and axle hubs to training arms. In Mcmaster, I can
find: nylocs, expanding/Flexloc and Distorted-Thread of which there are 5
choices. I know one person using Cleve-locs(?) which might be a brand name.
Someone else is using all Aircraft quality AN and NAS type hardware. All
provide for vibration resistant fit which is what I'm looking for. So what
are you using or what do you recommend?

Thanks

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U