[TR] Facet Pump

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sat Dec 13 09:32:04 MST 2008

On Saturday 13 December 2008 10:52:50 Alex wrote:
> A few quick questions on the facet fuel pumps. I am putting one on my 59
> TR3A since I have now gone through my second mechanical one.
>   1.. Behind the mechanical (tank to pump) or in front (pump to carbs)? I
> prefer behind because of the rubber hose availability, any pros and cons?
>   2.. Wiring connections?
>   3.. Any need to modify the mechanical or will the facet push/pull through
> it.
>   4.. Does it require a pressure regulator?
> Thanks
> Alex Manzo
> 59 TR3A
> 72 TR6
Alex,

I have the Facet pump on both my 3 and 4.

I mounted the pump just under the tank with a filter between the tank and the
pump.

I replaced the mech. fuel pump with a blank.

Dont know if a regulator is needed but I put one mounted on the existing studs
of the fuel pump (on top of the blanking plate.

I have another fuel filter just before the regulator.

For wiring, I made a 2 wire harness 1 for power and 1 for ground and connected
the power to the White wire that goes to the coil and ran the harness to the
rear pump along the drivers floor similar to the regular harness for the
lights on the passenger side.

I also have a fuse between the coil connection and the harness.

I decided to hook the power to the coil so when I turn on the ignition so does
the fuel pump.

1 season on the 3 and 2 on the 4 with no problems.

On my current 6 project I plan to use the same method.

Bob