[TR] Where on the rad. to place a temp. sensor?

sujit roy triumphstag at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 17:19:46 MST 2008

I have a kenlowe fan to keep my Stag cool. It originally came with a
thermocouple (thingy) you put in the water line.  I'm retiring that in favor
of a probe you place in the rad. fins.
Where would be the best place to put one of these things?
1) close to where water flows out of the rad. into the engine.
2) close the where water flows into the rad. from the engine.

On the Stag there is a pipe on the top left and a pipe on the bottom right
of the rad.. (looking from engine side). Is there a convention of which
way water flows out of a rad?  Does it flow into the rad from the bottom and
out the top , or in at the top and out the bottom?
If so can someone please tell me?

Sujit