[TR] Was TR6 now TR3 to the rescue

John Herrera jrherrera90 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 9 15:29:48 MST 2008

> charger. So I fire up the Triumph (no problem there of course) and try to>
jump it from that. No-go.

Great story, Joe.

Don't know if this qualifies either:

Years ago I kept my TR3 at my brother's house in West Virginia. A friend of my
brother's, on a Christmas Break trip, flew his '49 Piper Clipper from
Massachusetts to Martinsburg Airport to visit my brother on his way south. A
freak cold spell fell that night. My brother could not start his BMW 2002 nor
Datsun pick-up. The original condition beat up ole TR3 started, though. They
drove the TR3 to the airport, and you guessed it, the Clipper would't start.
So they jumped the Clipper with the TR3 and the friend flew off on a southern
course.

John