[TR] TR6 to the rescue

Ashford Little 70tr6 at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 9 14:10:57 MST 2008

I'm not sure this qualifies, but last year my wife called me on the
cell phone.  It seems the um, German sedan, was acting up.  Virtually
all the lights were on in the dash and it would only proceed at a 5
mph rate.  Thinking I had a handle on things I hopped in my daily
driver, but grabbed the battery out of the TR6.  I believed the
alternator had probably gone south, so I installed the TR battery and
drove the Merc home.  While the Triumph didn't rescue my wife, the
years of ownership had taught me a little bit of diagnostic lessons.

The repair shop tried to tell me it was just the battery, but I
pressed my point and was ultimately proven correct.  You see, driving
a Triumph is not only fun but educational too.

Ashford Little
'70 TR6