[TR] TR3A Overdrive Wiring

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Dec 8 19:50:21 MST 2008

> The idea is that this will allow the strong
> pull-in coil to operate momentarily (as it should) but will
> blow if the internal switch controlling that coil fails to
> cut out -- thus protecting the solenoid from damage.

In addition, if one puts the fuse close to the power source, it means one
less unfused wire running around, and a correspondingly lower chance of
electrical fire.

One could carry the concept a step farther by getting power for the switch
from the 'green' circuit (eg A4 at the fuse block).

BTW, although I also used a slow blow 8 amp fuse (mostly because I had a box
of MDL 8 fuses laying around); I believe an ordinary 5 or 10 amp fuse would
work fine.

Randall