[TR] Gas prices

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Mon Dec 8 11:43:53 MST 2008

In a message dated 12/8/2008 9:01:56 AM Central Standard Time,
dncullig at us.ibm.com writes:
> The Saudis (and others) are threatening to cut back pro-
> duction to drive the price back up so anything can (and probably
> will) happen.  I'd not bet on the current prices staying as "low"
> as they are now.

Exactly!  Their target price will result in gasoline costing in the $2.50 -
3.00 range so I would use that for budgetary purposes.  If oil prices remain
this low until next spring you can be sure OPEC will do something about it.

I don't mean to brag but St. Louis has some of the lowest prices around.  I
have been filling the tank for $12 - 15.  I filled up today for $1.45/G.  At
these prices, those who are still buying autos are buying SUV's again.

Dave