[TR] TR3A Wind blocker????

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Dec 7 14:23:50 MST 2008

> Do if anyone knows of any available kits or sources of
> information for a TR3A wind blocker?

I assume you are aware of the "wind wings" available from Moss et al to go
on the side of the windshield.  They definitely help at low speeds, but
their effectiveness falls off above 40 mph.

Sorry I can't find any photos, but several TR3 owners around here have
adopted additional "wings", that fit into the front sidecurtain mount,
extend over the door, and have a Plexiglas piece that follows (roughly) the
edge of the door parallel to the ground.  I believe the original idea came
from Herman van den Akker (as shown on his daughter's TR3A); but I don't
know if he made any more or if other people just copied the concept.  You
might contact him to see if he can supply them, or perhaps drawings.  It
wouldn't be hard to fabricate yourself.

Here's one photo, but the wings are nearly invisible, so it's not much help:
http://web.mac.com/sctoa/SCTOA/H%26HVDA-BBQ.html#6

Oh wait, here's a picture of Heide's car that is much clearer
http://www.socaltriumphs.org/images/clubcars/heide's%202002.jpg

Randall