[TR] TR head rebuild

wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Fri Dec 5 18:33:50 MST 2008

Allen,
On my head the plug is tapped, looks like a 3/4 pipe thread but it may be
straight, I have not tried to replace it yet.  I had a bad head and decided
to try to drive it out but only succeeded in dropping it into the head.

I should think that a machine shop could easily remove this and you could
then install a pipe plug or straight-thread plug as others have suggested.
Try McMasters-Carr for a 3/4 hex-drive plug similar to the one used for the
oil gallery on the block, I bought it from Mc-C, they called it a 3/4" dia.
set screw!

Bill B
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L
'59 TR-3A TS/64974 LO