[TR] Government at its worst

ZinkZ10C at aol.com ZinkZ10C at aol.com
Tue Dec 2 17:09:20 MST 2008

In a message dated 12/2/08 10:26:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,
auprichard at comcast.net writes:

<< I applied for a Massachusetts Title.  Well, apparently our  great commonweal
th recently enacted a law of "no new titles" and are  refusing to accept my app
lication without a previous title.  >>

OK, I've just stolen your car and now am getting it registered in a state
that does not require proof of ownership.

Now what?

( A Notary stamping a bill of sale only means the person standing in front of
them is the person that the signature belongs to.)

In most states not transferring ownership during a sale is illegal, and
technically ownership resides with the original owner.