[TR] Gas Tank Cleaning

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Tue Dec 2 11:02:54 MST 2008

Last week I had my first ever tow/slider ride (http://tinyurl.com/5tjvc7)
when I lost most fuel pressure while cruising down the highway. It turns out
that the gas tank outlet fitting was totally blocked. Seeing as I had the
tank boiled out two years ago I suspect it was my stupid use of Teflon tape
on the fittings that caused the problem. So now I have the tank out of the
car and wonder what's the best way to "clean" it out. I could add about 1/2
gallon of gas and agitate the tank and pour it into a container. Or I could
use a product made for cleaning gas tanks but my searching has turned up
mostly products for getting the rust out of the tank. So what's the best way
to just stir up what's in there and pour it out?

Thanks

Bob

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U