[TR] TR6 transmission leaks

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Mon Dec 1 14:06:24 MST 2008

They're not airtight what with the way the shifter box is constructed. I
mean you can fill these things by pouring gear oil in the top when the shift
lever goes so I'm not sure what an air vent would do. The differentials do
have a vent however.

My TR6 tranny leaked like a sieve but the Toyota 5 speed that I put in is
dry as a bone and the only thing I did to it was replace the front and rear
seals.

Let's face it...........Triumphs leak! :-)

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection
Toyota 5 Speed & Nissan LSD