[TR] TR6 Clunk

Lee Daniels lee at automate-it.com
Mon Dec 1 11:34:19 MST 2008

I'm still chasing a small clunk too, here's some thoughts:

Diff mounts mentioned; other things to consider -

1. U. Joints. I found one that had a tiny amt of play.
2. Sliding splines. One of mine had an appreciable amt of play. I swapped in a
spare axle that I had, this made a huge difference. I removed both axles and
lubed both heavily with graphite/moly lube (MolyKote or other). This helped a
lot.
3. Also check trailing arm mounts on frame, if you have rust there they can
let go.
4. Check shock-to-trailing arm mount, just having a depleted bushing there can
cause a clunk.

 -Lee