[TR] Help deciphering Standard Triumph hardware catalog vs. Triumph Spare Parts Catalog

wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Sun Aug 31 23:20:02 MDT 2008

Dave,

This is the same bolt listed for the driveshaft connection on my TR3A.  You
can get the correct bolt from TRF @$1.98ea.  The bolt carries a Triumph part
number because it is especially made for this application, the shoulder is
long enough to cover the 'shear' area of your connection.  If you were to
use a high-grade Hex-cap threaded bolt, with the treads going all the way to
the cap,  the threads would eventually cut into the flanges and ruin it.

These words of wisdom are passed along from Randall who set me on the right
course last month when I was about to go buy some Grade 7 bolts locally.

Bill B
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L
'59 TR-3A TS/64974 LO