[TR] TR6 Low Rev Miss

Terry Geiger tgeiger at GeigerGarage.com
Sat Aug 30 14:19:27 MDT 2008

Darrell,

It sounds like have a bad connection somewhere that you disturbed when
removing and replacing the points.  Bad distributor low tension lead?  Moss
# 153-640

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=32907#74

The starter problem sounds like a bad starter relay or starter solenoid.  A
weak battery will also cause the same problem (enough juice to make the
solenoid engage but not enough to actually turn the starter).  Have the
battery load tested at your local auto parts store.  If the battery is down,
make sure the alternator is doing the job before replacing the battery.
I've seen several batteries replaced when the real fault was a non-operative
alternator.

Terry Geiger
59 MGA Roadster~59 MGA Coupe~74 Triumph TR6~70 MGBGT~63 Triumph Herald~84
Mercedes 300D
www.GeigerGarage.com