[TR] TR6 Low Rev Miss

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Sat Aug 30 12:48:26 MDT 2008

Hi Gang,
Weekend warrior here.  I am still fighting this low rev miss in the  TR6.
Perhaps I was a little hasty to think that the Dizzy was crap as was  my thought
last weekend.  You know after 28 years of Triumphs on the road  one would
think I should be able to defeat this but NO I am really  stumped.  I have gone
thru the full route of fault diagnosis by part  substitution with no positive
effect. Wires, cap, rotor and  then  latest was a new point set & condenser.
You know what that got  me?  No spark!  Really I had to put the old points back
in for spark.  The condenser does not appear to be playing any role.  That
really  stumps me.  Are there bad point sets out there?
Another symptom perhaps related is that every now and then I only get  a
click when I turn the key.  I was thinking that the starter was going bad  and I
have another one on order but I wonder if that is an indication of  another
fault? Battery cables etc are real clean.
Darrell

deal here.