[TR] Continuing brake light bulb failure

thenicholls at verizon.net thenicholls at verizon.net
Fri Aug 29 07:25:16 MDT 2008

  Jim,

Thanks for the reponse.  The scenario is I replace the bulb.  Bulb works
with lights on and when brake is depressed.

At some point in the future, when the brake is depressed, light does not
get brighter.

Replace bulb, all is well until it happens again.  Socket was replaced
with a socket that has a grounding tab.  Fiddling with the bulb, socket,
or wires does not cause an issue.

Thanks,
Craig

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at  9:19 AM, Jim Muller wrote:

> On 29 Aug 2008 at 6:48, thenicholls at verizon.net
> <mailto:thenicholls at verizon.net> B  <mailto:thenicholls at verizon.net>
> B wrote:

> The Prince Of Darkness is really ticking me off.

Apparently you ticked him off first.

All seriousness aside though, what exactly is happening to make the
light not work?B  Is the bulb blowing repeatedly?B  Is it just not
making a good connection somewhere?B  If you rig something to depress
the pedal can you then make the light come on by fiddling with the
bulb or the connectors or the ground?

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com <mailto:jimmuller at rcn.com> B