[TR] Continuing brake light bulb failure

thenicholls at verizon.net thenicholls at verizon.net
Fri Aug 29 05:48:50 MDT 2008

To the list,

This question is for my 1972 Triumph TR6.

I had to replace a lense on the driver's side rear tail light a month or
so ago.

Since I did that, I am having an issue where everything back there
works, then the bulb fails when the brake is applied.  The last time, I
took the lists advice and bought a new socket with one of the grounding
tabs and replaced the whole socket, bulb and ground it seperately.

Last night, my neighbor advised me that the brake light on that side was
not working again.

Any advice from the list as to how I should go about fixing this?  I am
assuming that it is related to my removal and install of the tail light.

The Prince Of Darkness is really ticking me off.

Thanks,

Craig H. Nicholls
Vienna, VA