[TR] more torqueeness, security, etc.

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 26 21:48:17 MDT 2008

Could someone explain to me if there is a big difference in the metallurgy
between those fasteners that are 'tightened against' each other at 65 ft lbs
of torque vs. nearby fasteners receiving merely only 26 ft lbs?  I still think
it's questionable concerning the loosening of a bolt that might be overly
torqued beyond it's 26 ft. lb. limit.

Does that mean 'tightening nuts against each other' provides a measure of
security?  Better than nylock nuts?  Does wiring a nut on mean 'tightening it,
then drilling a hole thru nut and bolt, then sticking wire thru it?

Thanks, Paul

--
It has removed 900 spam emails to date.