[TR] Brake Fluid

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Aug 25 18:17:21 MDT 2008

> I understand that I need to ensure that none of the old stuff remains
> prior to
> filling up with the silicon fluid.

I've done the conversion on several vehicles now by just bleeding DOT 5
through until I get clean purple fluid at each slave.  Seems to work fine
for me.

> Dose anyone know what is involved in doing the cleaning.

To really remove all traces of the old fluid, you'll need to disassemble all
the cylinders and replace all the seals.  Flush with solvent (ISTR methyl
alcohol is preferred), let dry, and reassemble.

Randall