[TR] Rusty Panel treatment

Barry Schwartz v6spitfireguy at cox.net
Tue Aug 26 16:02:54 MDT 2008

Well It happened, not on my Triumph, but my 40 ford TR parts hauler.  Some
inattentive woman swerved right in front of my truck trying to enter a
driveway and dragged her explorer over the front of my fender damaging it
pretty badly.  I may be that it can be pounded out, but I have a line on a
fender that looks to be in pretty good physical shape, but has a coating of
med surface rust -  I would like to use my original fender, since it was
rust free, but if I have to get this fender I thought I would see what
worked for others
What kind of treatment would work best for coating the part after sanding
down as much of the rust as I can?  Eastwoods rust encapsulator, I have
some of that?  Remember, this isn't a frame or hidden part, but an exterior
body panel - so it would be primed and painted -

Thanks -
Barry Schwartz
La Mesa, CA (San Diego)