[TR] rebound rubber location?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Aug 24 17:19:46 MDT 2008

Geo Hahn wrote :

> http://www.cybertrails.com/~ahwahnee/Rebound.JPG
>
> That's a TR4 but I think it was unchanged from the '3.
>
> As I recall that rubber block is just 'glued' to the metal
> piece -- anyway I had one fall off once and I just glued it back on.

That's all correct.  I just wanted to add that there is a fairly large metal
assembly that bolts to the frame (the thing with three bolts and two big
holes visible in Geo's photo) and is normally removed when removing the
spring.  Then there is a smaller metal bracket that carries the rubber
block, held to the larger bracket by a single bolt.

The larger bracket can be seen as item 5 at
http://tinyurl.com/68qzg4

Randall