[TR] toyota transmission

FGFO1 at aol.com FGFO1 at aol.com
Sat Aug 23 14:56:51 MDT 2008

hi Guys
Is there a way to tell one Toyota W transmission from another?
I of course want the W-58 with the 0.783 fifth gear.
I realize I can paint a dot on the input and output shaft, put the trans in
5th and turn the input one revolution.
But if there is a marking somewhere on the casing, its a lot easier to get
the junk yard to check it over the phone and save myself running all over
California.
Also I understand there are some differences in bellhousing to gear shift
dimension? Yes /no?
If so how is that dimension difference achieved?
thanks
Frank Fisher
Temecula CA

deal here.