[TR] Upper Wishbone Arms Placement

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 21 06:46:26 MDT 2008

List,
I hate to bug Randall all the time.  Does somebody else know this?  Of course,
his reply is welcome.

As both front wheels are off my TR3, I could easily see this morning that both
sides front-most wishbone arms are closest to the shock tower.  Is this
incorrect for both sides?

Also, it appeared that the horizontal arm of BOTH ball joints have no cotter
pin.  Proably both have no hole either.  I have inspected only one though, and
it has no hole.

I haven't seen the manual's reference to the upper wishbone's placement.  I
did see where both the LH front and RH rear wishbone arm, and vica versa (RHf
& LHr), had the exact same dimensions.  However, I can't recall what about
those look different, if anything.

Thanks for your answers,
Paul Dorsey

--