[TR] Seat Mounting Hole Pattern - TR Series

John & Pat Donnelly pdonnel1 at san.rr.com
Wed Aug 20 22:06:42 MDT 2008

Hi Folks,

When I installed Miata seats in my TR4A using Uncle Jack's (God rest his
soul) newly manufactured brackets , the seat don't go backwards enough
before the tilt mechanism hits the "B" post area.  I noticed that there was
some extra space between the seat and center drive tunnel, enough for the
mechanism to clear,  and that prompted a couple of questions from Joe
Alexander.

Are the mounting hole placements different between the TR series of cars?
I'm not talking about the hole pattern, but the distance from centerline and
front/back placement?  I seem to recall seeing TR6 seats in earlier cars but
would like to know if anybody knows of differences. Also I'm using the
original seat mounting holes with the original floor pans unmodified.

Any ideas?

Joe emailed me that the funeral is Thursday.

Johnnie