[TR] exhaust systems

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Wed Aug 20 10:48:53 MDT 2008

On Wednesday 20 August 2008 10:16 am, Gary Nafziger wrote:
> Anyone ready to get into the exhaust system discussion?lol  I have a pretty
> good stock exhaust now but want a little more sound.  I've heard of people
> who have the monza system who complain of "drone" at highway speeds that
> gets annoying.
> Actually I'd like to make up my own system.  already have dual pipes
> going back to stock muffler which i could split into dual mufflers at the
> rear.  Has anyone on the list made up theyr'e own exhaust?  what mufflers
> did you buy that look nice and sound great......or at least sound louder
> than stock?  Most muffler's i've priced from major manufacturers seem toooo
> expensive.  thanks!
> gary nafziger
Gary,

I have the Bell stainless on both the 3 and 4. Believe it or not the 4 is a
bit louder. Not sure why.

Overall the fit is what makes the Bell the best system I have ever used.

If you want to make your own system, at least go for a stainless headpipe.

They really look nice in the engine compartment along with the jet-hot
manifold.

As far as the mufflers, some on the list have used Monza exhaust tips with
stock mufflers. See: http://www.pacesetterexhaust.com/tips.htm

Bob