[TR] [Spits] Pertronix Failure

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at charter.net
Mon Aug 18 20:19:25 MDT 2008

At 10:08 PM 8/18/2008, Jim Muller wrote:
>On 18 Aug 2008 at 20:26, Bob Berger wrote:
>
> > Can points be retrofitted to an electronic ignition? My 78 spitfire has the
> > original Lucas electronic unit that is mounted on the side of the
> > distributor.
>
>Is that the original original, or the CEI Kit which (so I understand)
>was a replacement for the original?  The CEI control box has a GM
>module inside.

78 Spitfire came with the distributor-mounted OPUS box, not the
easily-rebuildable remote box.  I believe it would be easier to
replace the distributor than to refit the plate for points, though it
probably could be done...

Jeff Scarbrough      75 TR6 x 1, 76 1500 x 2, 78 1500 x 1, 80 1500 x 0.5
http://www.fishplate.org/vehicles/
Athens, Georgia         #354