[TR] Pertronix Failure

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Mon Aug 18 12:35:49 MDT 2008

In a message dated 8/18/2008 11:42:15 AM Central Daylight Time,
MMoore8425 at aol.com writes:
> I agree-points usually have a period of graceful degradation until it dawns
>
> on me that its time to change points. Not so with electronic ignition.

I guess you've never had a condenser fail.  I had one fail on my TR6.  It was
running fine when I stopped at Honeybaked Hams to buy a ham bone but when I
went to start, nothing.  No warning, no graceful degradation, nothing.

Changing a condenser is as convenient as changing our a Pertronix.

Dave