[TR] distributor rotors -- where to get the "good" ones in the US?

thenicholls at verizon.net thenicholls at verizon.net
Mon Aug 18 12:29:59 MDT 2008

  Andrew,

I would call or email Jeff at Advanced Distributors:
http://www.advanceddistributors.com/.

When I had my dizzy rebuilt over the winter, he replaced my rotor and
cap.  Both are far superior to what the big 3 offer, maybe he can
provide your friend one.

Thanks,

Craig
1972 Triumph TR6

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at  2:19 PM, Andrew Mace wrote:

> Currently, and for the second time in two years, a buddy's MGA 1500 is
running on one of my good, used, possibly 40-plus-year-old spare
original Lucas rotors. Yes, it's the second time in two years that a
modern Lucas 400051 has failed suddenly in his car, and the second time
I got him going instantly with an old rotor I pilfered out of my
Standard Pennant distributor! (I know this has become an all-too-common
problem for many.)

I know I can get the "good" rotors to replace the Lucas 400051 (and/or
equivalent) from several sources in the UK, such as the Distributor
Doctor. Are there sources in the US for these?

TIA....

--AndyB  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not soB  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine withB  wings.
B -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying CircusB  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us
<http://triumph-herald.us> B  <http://triumph-herald.us> >
http://www.vtr.org <http://www.vtr.org> B  <http://www.vtr.org>

Triumphs at autox.team.net <mailto:Triumphs at autox.team.net> B