[TR] ebay spark plug wire holder?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Aug 17 10:18:45 MDT 2008

> it is a TRIUMPH TR3 CUSTOM HOT ROD
> PLUG WIRE HOLDER & DIST CAP.  It would seem to 'leak' current
> and thus be more of a problem than a remedy.

Yup.

I believe similar arrangements were common before 1940 or so, when (natural
rubber ?) plug wire insulation would degrade rapidly when exposed to the
environment under the hood.  The metal tubes helped protect the wire and
prolong it's life (which was still rather short).  However, with the advent
of materials like Hypalon for plug wires, the metal shields became a
detriment and were quickly dropped (except in cases where extreme protection
against RFI was needed, like military vehicles).

I would guess that someone liked the look of those old metal looms, and
decided to make one for their TR3.  But of course there are eBay sellers
that don't seem to know what they are selling, so it might well be from some
other car entirely

Probably won't hurt anything (though I'd definitely put new wires in it), so
use it if you want.

Randall