[TR] crane ignition

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Aug 16 17:58:58 MDT 2008

> One last question I had is attaching the optical brackets.
> Use existing holes or make new ones?

We found a hole that worked, but I don't recall which one.  I had to cut one
of the brackets tho, to make it fit on my TR3A.

>  Do you keep points plate in or take out?

Normally, keep it.  For a 69 TR6, you'll need it to retain the vacuum
advance/retard operation.  Don't forget that it moves both ways, so there
needs to be some slack in the wires.

>  And i'm assuming the optical scanner
> gets attached to be "tripped" at the same location that the
> points get tripped?

Right.  Check out "Optical Trigger Adjustment Procedure" starting on page 13
of the Crane instructions (unless they've been updated from the 10/2000
version on my hard drive).

Randall