[TR] crane electronic ignition

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Aug 16 17:11:58 MDT 2008

> I'm finding
> the instructions confusing and am simply wondering if anyone
> knows a tech source through clubs/newsletters/online that has
> explained this installation better for a 69 tr-6?

I don't know of any articles for a TR6, but we can probably answer your
questions here ...

Hardest part is knowing how much of the instructions to ignore (which is a
lot).  Since a 69 TR6 has neither external ballast nor electronic tach nor
OPUS modules (etc); it's actually easier than the instructions sound.
Ignore the Lucas-specific section (which is for OPUS), and follow the
"Universal 4-6-8 ... adjustable bracket" section.

Next hardest part IMO is getting the phasing just right ... I wound up
having to tweak mine by trial and error to get the engine to run smooth
under all conditions.  But the procedure in the instructions should get you
close enough for the engine to run.

IIRC you'll need to remove the plastic insert where the stock terminal is
mounted, and substitute a rubber grommet (not supplied) for the insert.

Randall