[TR] TR4 Dwell Angle

CarlSereda at aol.com CarlSereda at aol.com
Fri Aug 15 12:49:33 MDT 2008

I think vintage TR racers pre-bed-in the plastic cam foot to the cam by
slipping in a piece of fine emery paper in between the foot and cam and taking
few strokes off the plastic foot to get a more accurate fit to the cam. Normall
ignition points rapidly bed-in on their own within the first couple hundred
miles (and your gap gets smaller just as fast). I guess racers don't want their
new points gaps changing during the race!
ps; Don't all 4 cyl engines use similar dwell? The Volvo 122S book says 59-65
degrees @ 500rpm
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

If you make it a habit to smear just a tiny bit of grease on the cam at
every oil change, the "thingy" won't wear as quickly.  Put a drop of oil
under the rotor while you're in there.
Looking for a car that's
sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.

(http://autos.aol.com/cars-Volkswagen-Jetta-2009/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00030
000000007
 )