[TR] GT6 Carbs?

AMfoto1 at aol.com AMfoto1 at aol.com
Wed Aug 13 13:10:38 MDT 2008

Hi Jim,

A while back at a local car show, I saw a GT6 set up with six motorcycle
carbs. It not only looked very cool, it ran and sounded great, plus took off like
a spanked monkey! No clearance issues, either.

I didn't get a chance to talk to the owner, so I don't know for certain if
they were the Mikuni or Keihin setup that's available from PRI in Oregon, but I
suspect that's where they came from. www.prirace.com

I agree with Scott, without other engine tweaks, carb upgrades aren't going
to make much difference. PRI does a lot of that too, and you also might want to
get your friend Kas Kastner's tuning books that cover the GT6 motor.
www.kaskastner.com

A straight SU for ZS swap without any upgrading is only about the increased
adjustability of SUs, or possibly more available and wider selection of
replacement and tuning parts. Otherwise, I think it's pretty much of a wash,
performance wise.

Cheers!

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L

http://www.triumphowners.com/640

All GT6 models came equipped with Zenith-Stromberg CD150 carbs
(1.5").....Scott>
GT6 carbs?> > A neighbour has a 70 GT6 Mk II engine in a Spit, and does not
know what the> correct carbs should be. He has Strombergs on there now and
would prefer> SUs. He says the head will receive the same manifold as a TR6,
if that helps.>... Thanks,> Jim>

Read reviews on AOL Autos.