[TR] GT6 carbs?

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Mon Aug 11 21:49:46 MDT 2008

On 11 Aug 2008 at 20:37, Jim Wallace wrote:

> A neighbour has a 70 GT6 Mk II engine in a Spit, and does not know what the
> correct carbs should be. He has Strombergs on there now and would prefer
> SUs.
> He says the head will receive the same manifold as a TR6, if that helps.

What it "should be" and what is best aren't necessarily the same!  I
believe the GT6 came with Z-S at least in 1970.  Mine has SUs, a pair
of HS4s which a PPO installed.  It took me some time to get them
tuned in however.  Had to swap springs and needles because the carbs
came from an MGB and couldn't handle the increased airflow.  A few
other installation details have to be handled too.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com
'80 Spitfire, '70 GT6+