[TR] Wire Wheel Question

Loumetelko at aol.com Loumetelko at aol.com
Mon Aug 11 15:26:54 MDT 2008

The wire wheels that came with my 4A were quite rusty and generally nasty.
Being an originality freak, I sent the four wheels to the factory in Dayton,
Ohio.  They replaced all of the spokes, the center hub and painted.  So all that
is original is the rim but over the last ten years I remain very pleased with
the looks, durability and "roundness".  Seem to remember that the price was
about 20% less than Roadster Factory was selling for at that time.

Pricier for sure but if I had to do it again, I would get the "package" deal
with tires mounted and properly balanced ready for installation.  The typical
knuckle draging, tatto covered yahoos at the corner tire store have no idea
how to balance wire wheels.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana