[TR] Torqueing a TR head

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Sun Aug 10 14:45:03 MDT 2008

After rebuilding my 3A motor with 89mm liners I started the motor and ran  it
for about 30 minutes at 2500 RPM.  This was not a drive as the car was  not
assembled.  I had some time on my hands so I pulled the valve assembly  and
retorqued the head.  I was surprised that 3 or 4 of the nuts took a few  pounds.
Given that experience I guess I would recommend that route and  then after
the recommended driving interval.  If I recall correctly, it was  105 ft lbs.
but I could go look it up.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO