[TR] tr3-a elec.and mechanical pump

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Thu Aug 7 17:31:55 MDT 2008

When I restored my 3, I tried to go the mechanical route, rebuilding the mechanical pump with a new diaphragm and everyting, then hooking the fuel lines to it.  However, I also was worried that it might fail on the road, so I mounted an electric fuel pump, one of those inexpensive, hardy little rascals (Fawcett???) from E-Bay but available from I think the Big 3, and ran the fuel lines through it.

Good move.  The mechanical lasted a week.  I flipped the switch and kept driving until eventually I could no longer stand the notion that the fuel pump lever was lunging on the cam, so pulled the mechanical altogether and put on one of the blanking plates that someone on the list sells.  Was it Joe Alexander?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire

From: "Geo Hahn" <ahwahnee18 at gmail.com>