[TR] re TR4 help, cooling fan, conclusion

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Aug 7 16:57:00 MDT 2008

> Just curious but if flipping the blade over has no impact, why does Hayden
> have you flip the blade and swap the wires around to turn a pusher into a
> puller?

I only said it wouldn't change the direction, I didn't say it would have no
impact.

As Joe says, the Hayden blades are designed to be more efficient in one
direction.  That's why you are supposed to flip them over to change from a
pusher to a puller.  If you don't flip them as directed, the air flow will
still be in the right direction, just not as much.

And the wires need to be changed because you are turning the motor front to
back.  If you didn't swap them, the motor rotation as viewed from the
driver's seat would change, due to the change in orientation.

Randall