[TR] Swallow Doretti

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Wed Aug 6 06:04:16 MDT 2008

On Wednesday 06 August 2008 12:05 am, wbeech wrote:
> Cool car, interesting Tach/Speedo placement. Looks like a TR3 radiator &
> fan set-up, I wonder if she overheats like a TR3?
>
> Bill B
Bill,

Both my 3 and 4 do not overheat. I just drove the 3 up from PA to home (over
250 miles) with a traffic jam on 476 north up hill for about 1/2 hour and the
highest it got was a bit over 70C. Never entering the right most center
margin. After the jam cleared the temp went down to < 70C for the rest of the
ride home.

Both the 3 and 4 have the older 4A larger fan, 50-50 antifreeze/ distilled
water + water wetter.

The 4 always is spot on 70C or a little bit less.

Also both cars have stock radiators and  radiator shrouds + 165F thermostats.

Bob