[TR] Steering idea

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 5 15:00:17 MDT 2008

List, I am getting help from Randall on my steering wheel.  I've ruled out
splicing wires that go inside the stator tube.

Could somebody like Joe Alexander possibly make some sort of
'collapsable-on-impact' steering union for TR3's?  I've heard of people
referring to these car's as some sort of 'spear-of-death' in head-on
collisions resulting in severe steering shaft stomach disorientation.  Seems
like other car's of this era had some sort of rubber steering u-joints for
this purpose?

Just an idea....

thanks, Paul Dorsey  60 TR3

--