[TR] TR3A Grill

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Mon Aug 4 18:13:36 MDT 2008

On Sunday 03 August 2008 10:14 pm, Bill Beecher wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> Just unboxed my new grill to find it is perfectly flat.  The old grill is
> sort of concave and fits the opening in the apron just fine.
>
> It the correct TR3A grill supposed to be flat or is this just the way it
> ships and you shape it to fit the opening?   Or, has my front apron been so
> re-worked that the opening is 2" shorter than it should be?
>
> Thx,
>
> Bill B
Bill,

Both my grill and apron are after market items from TRF. I bought the apron in
about 1980 and a few years later got the grill.

The grill had to be "adjusted" to fit the opening by bending it to a sort of
concave (to the inside). Left and right was the perfect length.

Most grills I have seen tend to be the same but the degree of concave varies.

Take your time and bend carefully.

But are you sure about the 2"? The new grill is 2" larger than the apron
opening? Sounds a bit too much. I just measured my grill as installed from
the crank hole vertical and I get 7 13/16 inches from lower grill lip to top
lip.

Bob