[TR] Excuse me I have the vapors.

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Aug 1 10:45:25 MDT 2008

> I am using a Holley 15 Lb. 160 Gal./Min. electric fuel pump mounted to the
> frame just in front of the rear axle.
<snip>
> Can it be said with confidence that this vapor lock was the in the line
> between the pump and the tank,

On the contrary, I think it was almost certainly inside the pump.  Those
high-output rotary pumps put a lot of heat into the fuel, which of course is
exactly what you don't want.

IMO the solution, in your case (NOT a stock Triumph application) is to run a
small id (no larger than half the id of the main fuel line) bypass from near
the carburetor back to the fuel tank.  That way, the fuel always flows
through the pump (and lines) to carry away the heat.

Randall