[TR] Excuse me I have the vapors.

tom white tswhitez123 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 1 08:49:25 MDT 2008

My TR3A has vapor locked several times in the last couple of years.  I though
I had cured the problem when I rerouted the fuel lines to the front of the
engine compartment.  Then the car vapor locked again last spring in L.A.
traffic when it's operating temp was just over 200 degrees.

I am using a Holley 15 Lb. 160 Gal./Min. electric fuel pump mounted to the
frame just in front of the rear axle.

This was posted to the list:

> to be vapor lock as such (fuel boils in the lines before the pump) and more
> often boiling between the pump and the jets;

When my car vapor locked there was no fuel in the filter bowl.  After sitting
on the sit of the freeway for 20 minutes the fuel returned to the fuel bowl.

Can it be said with confidence that this vapor lock was the in the line
between the pump and the tank, or can a vapor lock after the pump block fuel
from the filter?

Best regards,
Tom